ADVANCE NCFDD Faculty Success Fellows
The ADVANCE NCFDD Faculty Success Fellowship Program seeks to promote the success of early career faculty members at Texas A&M University through a professional development opportunity designed to increase productivity and maintain work-life balance. This program is targeted towards faculty who have research responsibilties and who have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
ADVANCE provides awards in the amount of $2500 each to support participation in the Faculty Success Program offered by the National Center for Faculty Diversity and Development (NCFDD).
This program is aligned with the ADVANCE program’s mission to support the retention and success of faculty, while weaving the deeply held values of diversity, inclusion, and respect into the culture of Texas A&M. Each ADVANCE NCFDD Faculty Success Fellow will also have the opportunity to network with other fellows and members of the ADVANCE leadership team by participating in four cohort meetings during the academic year. If necessary, the cohort meetings will take place via Zoom to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants.
Funding provided by ADVANCE: $2500
Funding match provided by your department/college/startup funds: $1650
Total Cost of Program: $4150
The priority registration cost for Texas A&M faculty is $4150 for NCFDD's Faculty Success Program. ADVANCE covers $2500 towards these registration costs for each selected fellow. Faculty participants are expected to use their own startup funds and/or request matching funds from their departments or colleges to cover the remaining $1650 to participate in this program.
NCFDD’s Faculty Success Program is designed for faculty “who are looking for the perfect combination of empirically-tested methods to improve research productivity through intense accountability, coaching, and peer support and to propel their work-life balance and personal growth to a whole new level.”
The 12-week program includes the following things:
- a supportive online community,
- weekly training modules,
- a custom time tracking platform,
- a NCFDD-certified productivity coach,
- weekly accountability calls, and
- one-on-one master coaching sessions.
For more information, see the full description of the program
This program is open to two categories of faculty at Texas A&M University:
- pre-tenure tenure-track faculty members (including ACES Fellows); and
- academic professional track faculty (a) who are in the first five years of their position and (b) whose job responsibilities include a research component (with a minimum of 25% of their appointment designated as research).
Applicants must have a schedule that permits active participation throughout the program. (In other words, applicants must not have any professional or personal commitments that would make it difficult to complete the weekly homework assignments, receive support from their accountability coach, and participate in monthly cohort meetings.)
Faculty interested in applying for this program should apply online by the program deadline.
Online Application Form
As part of the application, applicants are expected to:
- outline their research goals (150-200 words);
- outline the work-life challenges that they hope to address by participating in this program (150-200 words);
- describe how their past and future professional contributions demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (150-200 words); and
- attach a 2 page CV.
Applicants are also required to indicate the source of matching funds.
Please direct any questions about the application process, incluidng technical difficulties with the application form, to email@example.com.
This program has three deadlines per year:
- June 17th (for the upcoming academic year - fall semester)
- October 5th (for the spring semester program)
- March 3rd (for the summer program)
- Demonstrated research goals that will benefit from participation in this program.
- Demonstrated work-life challenges that will benefit from participation in this program.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.